Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Relationship to Painting

Hello,

My name is Me'a Townsend and I have an interesting relationship with painting; it's like a flirtatious on again, off again, sort of relationship. So, with this class, I guess it's on again.

For me, I've been painting in many different ways, focusing most on theatrical productions. Using just house paint to make textures look like realistic woodgrain, brick and mortar, stained glass, marble, almost anything you can think of -- if described right and with enough time, I was the gal to see.

Of course, I dabbled in traditional painting methods, acrylic and watercolor (watercolor being my favorite, or treating acrylic like watercolor).
I always end up going back to nontraditional painting though. Cake decorating, body painting, sfx makeup -- using airbrushes and latex, and incorporating techniques of brush work and etc.

I think the best part of painting was working as a T.A. for an elementary art teacher. I'm not the biggest fan of people, but kids give me hope for humanity, especially when they make art.

1 comment: