Wednesday, August 23, 2017

My Painting Connection

Olivia Simpson
Painting 1
M. Zimmer
August 22, 2017
My Painting Connection

   My Classmates,         
          For me, painting isn’t something that I can just do. I plan out, sketch and recreate what I paint in order for it to all come together in the end. I have loved art since I was younger, after watching my grandmother paint and draw for the five short years I knew her. Before her, my great grandmother was a wonderful painter who worked primarily in oils. I have at least 50 paintings in my house of hers that have always given me the inspiration I needed to carry on with my work. I have done a lot of watercolor, and acrylic works, but oil is something I have yet to conquer. It will be a new experience that excites me and drives me forward. Painting isn’t just randomly smudging paint on a canvas to me. It’s using a brush to create a picture how you want it to be seen. Everyone’s connection to painting is different, and it’s the same with mine. Although they can be similar no two are truly alike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment