Wednesday, August 23, 2017

My relationship with Painting

Hey everybody,
            My name is Shannon and I have liked painting since I was a child. There were many times that my sister and I would go outside and paint with watercolors or some kind of washable paint (we went outside to have fresh air and because we were less likely to make a huge mess that was hard to clean). My reason for liking painting has changed since I was younger, now it’s more because I like how the colors blend and how smooth painting can look.
            I really started getting into painting in high school because we tried different techniques in my first intro class, and I was better at blending colors and having things look the way I wanted with watercolor and acrylics more than I did with colored pencils or similar materials. I like making paintings with bright, saturated colors. I also like to paint things I’m interested in, which has mostly been space or people lately. I really like figuring out how to make cloud like shapes for the space pieces and I love how simple blending and shading a face or body is with paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment