Wednesday, August 23, 2017

My lack of relationship with painting...

I come from a very artistic family; a family of painters, drawers, writers, and musicians. I focus my artistic release into dance and photography, and while I have dabbled in most other forms of artistic expression, I have yet to create anything with paint and a brush. My mother is a painter, and painting was therefore the first art form I was ever exposed to. However, despite the fondness I feel toward the media, that fondness has always been overpowered by an overwhelming sense of intimidation. After years of putting it off, I decided to make an attempt to replace the intimidation with inspiration and to explore a way of expression that my mother holds a place for in her heart.

2 comments:

  1. I super relate to this! Because I usually only draw and I'm terrified of paints because I think it ruins my drawings. So I haven't been brave enough to learn or try on my own. That's why I'm here! Looks like we'll be pushed out of our comfort zone together.

    ReplyDelete