Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Aug23 blog 1



Painting I blog/Aug23

Dear Class,
       My relationship with painting hasn’t always been stellar. I was often told growing up that I couldn’t paint what I wanted too. I was told that my paintings scared people or showed that I was somehow disturbing. The truth is I often channel my emotions into what I paint, depicting things I experienced, hardships I endured or sometimes emotions that I only express through art. As I grew up and moved away, I realized that a lot of the people I knew where very narrow minded and did not know much about art, or the expression of art. I felt that many people back at home where grey and blank canvasses who only saw the world in black and white. This was very difficult, but as I’ve gotten older it was a relief to know that I was not the only one who wanted to make a living off of doing what they loved, and expressing themselves through that medium.

     Painting has always been part of my life, one of my earliest memories is learning to finger-paint in kindergarten. We had to finger-paint fall colors, and one of my classmates noticed that when we smashed to two halves of the painting together, the result looked the tops of trees (in fall) from atop of a plane. Looking at that smashed painting and watching how it changed, fascinated me and spurred in me a lifelong curiosity about painting. Today my main interest is digital painting, I especially love fantasy landscapes and impressionist paintings.  I spend a lot of my time on deviantart.com; I like looking at paintings particularly those made in the actual medium of paint, these are some of my favorites to comment about and analyze. This year I hope to improve my portfolio and I believe that this is one of the classes to do it in.  It is my goal to eventually pursue my Masters here at UNM and excel at the arts. I'm looking forward to taking this class and I aim to do well in school. I hope you all have a great day and I will see you next class period.                                                  
                                                                                                                                                Angel         
                                                                                                                      



No comments:

Post a Comment