Wednesday, August 23, 2017

My Connection-Painting & Wood carvings

Hi I'm Jasmine,

I have a big connection to art through my family. My parents started doing chainsaw wood sculptures almost 20 years ago in California and develop their own style from there. Then we moved to Ruidoso, New Mexico, a tourist town where they continued their work and opened up a store that included wooden bear sculptures and many other animals or figures out of wood. They also taught all their siblings and some kept with it. the store grew to include merchandise like cedar furniture, Mexican Pottery, and metal art. 
I have been helping my parents and their business as early as i can remember, me and my sister would be able to paint the Bears or paint the signature wood necklaces that we hang around their necks. We were able to be creative and paint different signs or pieces for magnets on small wood slabs. From there I continue taking art classes to music classes because I was very interested in the different arts. After taking the art one in my hometown I knew I wanted to keep doing some kind of Art so when I transferred up here I decided to take a painting class and I'm looking forward to it the semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment