Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Blog 1 - Relationship to Painting

Howdy everyone,

I have no idea what I'm doing in general, but I am pretty sure that I know why I'm interested in painting. I've always been a visualizer. During childhood, I kept to myself due to shyness. Drawing was something I could do by myself and use as a ploy to look busy. As grade school progressed, so did my drawing. Everyone's brain developed their own need to be understood and as a result of my habits, using under-practiced words was not a good way to communicate. I didn't know how to talk to people and I had little experience with writing because I practiced art instead. It was much easier showing people my thoughts than describing them. 

During late high school, I started finding myself. Comfortable enough to leave my comfort zone, I started painting with acrylic. This turned out to be a great decision! Just as a termite uses wood to regurgitate building material, I use paint to regurgitate parts of myself. The more a termite "puts out there" the closer it will get to perfecting a mound. The more I practice, the closer I can get to completing my own visions. 

In this class, I'm hoping to gain experience through projects.There's a certain amount of pressure that's necessary for me to create anything and a college class is a perfect dealer for pressure. I'm looking forward to honing in on my aesthetics and technical skill. I'm very excited to learn oil painting and hope we can all help each other out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment