Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Botond Kuti

Clare Fallon
Painting 1
Octobe


Botond Kuti is the Son of successful artist Kuti Denes. He is a Hungarian artist from Transilvania born in 1984. He attended a fine arts high school. His art has a loose realistic style to it. He often uses high contrast that pushes the figures forward. He doesn’t fully finish the figures and will just leave an outline or a suggestion of an outline. The bodies he paints all have a very strong sense of weight to them when looked at. I personally really like the way Botond has a high contrast in the piece of the couple laying together. He brings a contemporary take on an old style of painting which is something I’ve tried to do in some of my past pieces.







Photos from: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=https://aboveart.ru/portfolio_page/botond-kuti/&prev=search

6 comments:

  1. I like the exploration of colors in these pieces that at first don't seem to logically belong, but in the whole composition when you take a step back those bright colors really lend to the emotion of the pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting of the bedroom blows me away! Kuti has a masterful understanding of texture and manages to get minute details out of broad strokes. I'm going to print it out and stick it on my fridge, damn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that one too! He can control the paint so well.

      Delete
  3. Nice painting-- I see these paintings as an exploration of the humanness of the figure, and the fact that they could be degrading or dissolving into the surroundings. They are embedded but meticulously painted to show the intricacy of the human body.

    Clare, I would like to know more about this artist and his ideas, find more sources for images and also books. Are there any articles written about him? Also, please include the image information such as title, date, medium and size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Eli, the painting of the bedroom is amazing! The artists sense of light color help to bring out the texture created by big, full brush strokes. Her overall compositions are simple yet manic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how this is surrealistic, some of these painting look like pictures, however they looked like they are melting or dripping. It makes me think of a photo where someone dripped wax all over it. I also like that the melting part more often or not colorful.

    ReplyDelete